Things Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Do
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe recognize that any acute crisis and life challenges always precede or coincide with an opportunity to up gain consciousness and are opportunities for badass growth. All life forms need obstacles/challenges/crises in order to evolve. For some, it may have begun through loss or suffering. Whenever acute crisis or life challenges occur, you can choose to either resist or yield. The state of yielding is Inner Acceptance to What is… “At this moment, this is what the situation Is and it requires me to do, so I will do so willingly”. Expansion and positive change will occur because you are aligned with Life. The state of Inner Resistance is contraction and negativity which creates Outer Resistance…and Life will not be on your side with Resistance. As Within, So Without. We Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe yield to What Is, align to Life, and RISE.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe see the link between thinking and reactive emotions. We are aware that emotion is body’s reaction to the mind. We are aware that what one thinks, to a large extent, creates emotions that one feels. We see the link between thinking and emotions. We accept and honor our feelings without being controlled by them. We Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe face facts, rather than being the thoughts and emotions, We Mentally-Emotionally Tribe are the Awareness behind them.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe recognize that the blueprint for dysfunction that every human carries within is the egoic mind. The egoic mind is the conditioned mind pattern—thought stream and emotional reactivity, selective perception, distorted interpretation, complete identification with thought and emotion, and perceiving everything as personal. We Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe recognize the insanity created by the egoic mind. The recognition is of course the beginning of healing and transformation out of the realm of mental-emotional suffering.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe recognize that the most rigid personalities, the most impervious to change will collapse first. The Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe are adaptable to change and align themselves to What Is. We Mentally Healthy Tribe recognize what ever one fights, one strengthens, and what one resists, persists. We welcome challenges, flow, and embrace change. We are aware that fluid non-resistance to change is the one of the greatest powers in Life.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe appreciate Life and become internally aligned with the present moment. The present moment is Life. NOW. This Moment~~It Is the only reality. All else is either memory or imagination. It is your friend not your enemy. We Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe honor Life by giving each moment it’s fullest attention and appreciation. Mentally-Emotionally Unhealthy people have a pronounced pattern of viewing and responding to Life challenges with frustration, impatience, anxiety, stress, anger, depression et cetera. Mentally-Emotionally Unhealthy people view Life challenges as a problem or obstacles. They think Life challenges need to be solved before they can feel happy, fulfilled, content et cetera.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe know that as long as someone views the present moment~~Life~~as an obstacle there can be no end to the problems because for every problem solved another presents itself. This is the “Suchness of Life ~~Tatata”. When you hate what you are doing, if your internal mind-stream is filled with “should” “should not”, criticizing, blaming, accusing, then you are arguing with What Is. You are arguing with the present moment. You are arguing with ~Life. The consequences are you are making Life into an enemy, a problem.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe know profoundly that external reality reflects back to you your internal state. The Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe frequently each ask “what is my relationship to this moment..what is my relationship to ~Life?” We Align with Life.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe recognize that most emotional and mental dysfunction is self-created through unconscious patterns created by the Egoic mind. Egoic mind is possessed by the primary identification with thought forms, physical forms, and emotional forms. For example, “me and my story”. That is, the identification with the incessant stream of thoughts going to the past or to the future, obsessive thinking, most of it repetitive, and the emotions attached to the thoughts negative.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe realize that the egoic mind is not wrong. It is just unconscious : ) We Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe practice awareness of the ego every day in oneself. When you detect the egoic mind in yourself. Smile : ) When you are aware that Awareness is not part of ego, it is a different dimension of consciousness. So, we just vibrated higher ! We just moved above unproductive thought into a higher level which is productive and creative thought !
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe understand what the egoic mind is and how it works to create suffering. We Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe are aware that the eogic mind is conditioned by the past and an error in the illusion of absolute separateness from Being. We Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe investigate core beliefs and modify where necessary.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe recognize the egoic mind is a conglomeration of reoccurring thought forms/beliefs and conditioned emotional patterns of responding or reacting that has forgotten the sense of Being~Soul~Source~ Life. The greater part of mentally-emotionally unhealthy peoples’ thinking is involuntary, automatic, and repetitive. It is like mental static. Strictly speaking, mentally-emotionally unhealthy people do not think: thinking happens to them. That is, they are at the mercy of that inner voice in the head, possessed by unproductive thought…the Talking Head.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe emanate the Joy of Being. You can only feel it when you get out of your thought stream-out of your head. Being must be felt. Shift your attention from the external form of your body to the “inner body” awareness. The “inner body” is Life energy. It is your Essence Identity. It anchors you to present moment of Being and out of the imprisonment of thoughts.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe improve the body’s condition through proper nutrition of whole foods, frequent small meals, daily exercise, sunlight, moonlight, nature, outdoors, fresh air, a lot of water, sex, laughter, and various forms of meditation.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe recognize “The Voice in the Head…Thinking without Awareness”. Mentally-emotionally unhealthy people are identified with the voice in the head…the incessant involuntary compulsory thought stream and the accompanying negative emotions. We Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe are not possessed by mind nor possessed by emotions. If you are completely unaware of this pattern, then you take the thinker to be who you are~this is false identification. We Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe do not have the repetitive and persistent negative thoughts, negative emotions, and dysfunctional reactive patterns. The Mentally-Emotionally healthy expend mental energy wisely. We do not spend time on negative circular thought patterns.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe recognize that concepts of the self, such as “better than” or “not good” as others, fault finding, and complaining is one of egoic mind’s strategies for making “me and my story” feel bigger and superior. Many mental disorders consist of the same traits that exist in a “normal” person, except that the traits have become so pronounced and pathological there is intense suffering. That is, the stronger the egoic mind in you, then the greater the likelihood that in your perception other people are the main sources of your problems in life. There is also a greater probability that you will make Life difficult for others, but of course, you will not be able to see that because it seems that it is always others who are doing it to you. That is egoic mind : ) For example, the mental illness we call “paranoid schizophrenic” is an extreme form. Here the more the sufferer sees himself as threatened, persecuted, spied on, done wrongly, et cetera, then the more pronounced and pathological his egoic delusions which everything revolves. His sense of being a victim, of being wronged by so many people, makes him feel special and existing. Paranoid schizophrenic is an example of a super pronounced resistant ego.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe balance Love + Work + Play We are aware that it is imperative for our psychological and physical health to have balance in Life activities. Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe are present, totally in the Moment, during Love, Work, and Play. We are focused, balanced, accepting to What Is during Work, Love, & Play.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe balance Being with Doing (Yang & Yin). We are Being present in the Doing and present in the Being. We utilize both types of knowledge: conceptual thinking and intuitive being. We frequently flow between thinking into awareness. We align, balance, and RISE with the Yang & Yin of ~ Life
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe start with themselves & take responsibility for their own inner state at any given moment. We are alert & attentive to own self-generated thoughts and emotions. We are conscious that Thoughts can spread like a virus and Emotions are contagious.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe acknowledge that ~Life is multidimensional, fluid, and balanced. Life may seem chaotic—relationships, health, habits, job. However, We Mentally-Emotional Healthy Tribe align our perspective with life and recognize that it is the egoic mind that makes ~Life stressful. “~Life is not as serious as mind makes it out to be”. ~Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for your evolution. Are you accepting Life’s gift? Mentally-emotionally unhealthy people are highly reactive when things don’t go exactly their way, when obstacles or difficulties arise. For example, at work, when things don’t go according to expectation, when other people or circumstances are not helpful or cooperative, instead of being the FLOW, unhealthy people feel personally offended, resentful, stressed out, angry, et cetera. Mentally-emotionally unhealthy people create “anti-energy” creating new obstacles and new oppositions. Many mentally-emotionally unhealthy people are truly their own worst enemy and lack the insight to see their self-sabotage. The Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe recognize that cooperation with Life and others is alignment with the Flow of Life. We recognize that ~Life is not chaotic. ~Life is exactly as It is…Fluid and Balanced.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe celebrate others peoples’ success. We cooperate with others, provide assistance to others, do not put obstacles in their path. We do not resent another person’s success, We promote it. It is the Law of Life, in order to attract success, you need to welcome it and support it whenever and wherever you see it.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe talk less and do more. Communication is key. Watch what you say and how you say it. Actions do speak louder than words. We Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe are prepared to work and succeed with diligence and practice. We Tribe do not feel the World or Life owes us anything.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe remain Open to new possibilities and change. We reflect on alterations of chosen paths. We realize just because something is not how you planned or envisioned does not mean that it lacks value. If you are not open, then you will never grow, evolve. You will remain stagnate and grow old quickly.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe evaluate and re-evaluate what is working in life and what is not, not only for cognition, but also physical, spiritual, and emotional needs…realizing that if something is not aligned is the first step in change of outcome.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe are not afraid of failures or mistakes. We do not give up. We seize the chance as an opportunity to improve. We are not afraid of failure. We recognize that those who do not fail also never succeed.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe are not contaminated by negativity. Negative states, such as, anger, resentment, hatred, envy, et cetera are egoic-created activities that have reached epidemic proportions. A person in the grip of negative states do not recognize that they are in the grip of egoic mind pattern. They will only perceive their negative state as an appropriate justified response to a situation or person. Negative states are the internal equivalent to toxicity and pollution.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe pay attention when a negative state is arising or in the grip of ego. We Tribe understand that you have to take responsibility for your own inner state at any given moment. We Tribe ask frequently “Is there negativity in me a this moment?” We Tribe then become alert to our thoughts and emotions. We watch out for thoughts that appear to justify or explain unhappiness, but really cause it. The moment this happens, mentally-emotionally healthy people are shifting from ego to an investigation as to “Why am I creating suffering for myself?” The moment you become aware of a negative state within you, it does not mean you failed. It means you succeeded. Awareness RISES.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe Practice Abundance. Outflow determines Inflow. It is the Universal Law. Both abundance and scarcity are inner states that manifest as your reality. You don’t need to own anything to feel abundant. Start by recognizing abundance outside of you—fullness of life around you. This acknowledgment awakens the dormant abundance within you—then it let if flow out. Whatever you think people are withholding from you—give it to them—whether it be praise, appreciation, assistance, love, empathy or an awesome big hug : )
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe are with gratitude and demonstrate appreciation for all things. For example, a person who feels appreciated will always do more than expected. Being told you’re appreciated is one of the simplest, yet most incredible things you can hear. Mentally-Emotionally healthy people are grateful to everyone because they recognize that everybody is creating a space for you to be transformed—even those who you think are obstructing you, even those who you think are enemies. Mentally-Emotionally healthy people are grateful for favorable circumstances and unfavorable circumstances. All together, they are creating an auspicious context in which you can evolve and become transformed.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe are dis-identified with things… are not obsessively fixed to an “identity enhancers” through object collection, proliferation or obsessive pre-occupation with things because mentally-emotionally healthy people recognize that egoic satisfaction with things is short-lived. The egoic mind tends to equate having with Being. “I don’t have enough yet” by which the egoic mind really means “I am not enough yet”
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe engage in honest self-observation whether sense of Self-worth and psychological value is bound by things possessed or diminished when someone has more than you or when you lose your prized possession. You can value and care for things, but whenever you become attached to them…know this is ego.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe are non-reactive to drama created by others. We realize it is not personal, its just ego. When we realize, its not personal, then there is no compulsion to react as if it were. Non-reaction is not a weakness, but a strength. Mentally-healthy people sometimes have to take practical action from deeply unconscious egoic people and remove themselves.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe do not criticize, condemn, complain, fault find. Mentally-emotionally healthy people realize that finding negatives with others is just an egoic defense to make oneself appear more superior and often a projection of “little me”. Whether you complain aloud or only in thought it makes no difference. Applying negative labels to people is an ego strengthening pattern. Mentally-emotionally healthy people do not engage in this pattern. Note: complaining is not to be confused with informing someone of a mistake or deficiency so that it can be put right nor does it mean to put up with bad quality or behavior.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe “Let Go” of past grievances. They recognize that by holding onto a grievance there is a strong negative emotion connected by keeping the story alive by compulsive thinking, by retelling the story in the head or out loud. Mentally-Emotionally Healthy people move on. They do not waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe recognize the belief “I am right and you are wrong” is a mutual dysfunction that perpetrates separation and conflict.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe are empathic and compassionate to self and to others. Their empathy and compassion arise out of recognition that most people are suffering from the same sickness of the egoic mind, some more acutely than others.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe are not addicted to gossiping, name dropping, image-making, self-seeking, or social media competition. Whatever behavior is manifested the hidden motivating force is always the same: to be special, be in control, the need for power, for attention, for More. Mentally-Emotionally healthy people recognize these are only “identity enhancing” strategies to gain a false sense of superiority over others because of the true underlying belief of “little me”, unconscious fear of inferiority, underlying fear of being nobody—the fear of non-existence. If someone has more, can do more, knows more, the mentally-emotionally unhealthy individuals feel threatened because the feeling of “less”. The mentally unhealthy will attempt to diminish, criticize, or belittle the value of the other person’s possessions, knowledge, or abilities. Alternatively, the emotionally unhealthy may shift strategy, and instead of competing, will attempt to enhance themselves by association with that person or group, if that person or group is seen as important in the eyes of others. Mentally-Emotionally healthy people recognize whenever they feel superior or inferior to anyone, that is egoic mind.
- Mentally Emotionally Healthy Tribe do not play “villain” or “victim”. Some mentally-emotionally Unhealthy people if they can not get positive attention (e.g. praise & admiration), will settle instead for negative attention by provoking negative reactions “villain” in someone else. Another role, such as “victim”, and the form it seeks is sympathy through incessant complaining, being offended, outraged et cetera that they have been treated unfairly by Life, or by other people, fate, or God. As every psychotherapist knows, the egoic mind of most “victim” and “villain” roles does not want to end its problems, because the individual has identified part of itself to “me and my story”. If no one will listen to “my sad story”, I can tell it to myself over and over again in my head. It gives definition to my self-image, makes me into someone, and that’s all that matters to the egoic mind. When unconscious motivations are made conscious, you will realize how unhealthy they are. Awareness is the greatest agent for change and health.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe acknowledge when there is unhappiness in themselves. However, they do not identify their self with the emotion. They investigate the emotion. A situation or event may have something to do with it. Therefore, action may be required to change the situation or remove themselves from it. Mentally-emotionally healthy people realize, however, the primary cause of unhappiness is generally never the situation, but the thoughts about it. Mentally-emotionally healthy people realize the freedom from unhappiness is attainable now, by facing What Is rather than identifying with the stories about it.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe are alert and absolutely present to be able to detect even subtle negative states, such as impatience, resentment, irritation, nervousness, discontent, and being “fed up”. They recognize that it is the background to unhappiness and mentally-emotionally unhealthy peoples’ pre-dominant state.
- Mentally-Emotionally Healthy Tribe understand that the subconscious mind is very paradoxical. If you wanna master control, then you have to master peace. If you want to master the action, then you have to master the non-action. If you want to master harmony, then you have to master chaos.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe reach out for help when they need it. They are not afraid to ask. They go to psychotherapy if needed. They are aware that unhappiness covers up their natural state of well-being and inner peace. Mentally-Emotionally healthy people are willing to do the work to achieve holistic balance of Mind+Emotions+Body+Soul.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful Tribe are a blessing to themselves and others. They manifest their true heart’s motivation and conduct themselves—in a way that is a gift to other people. Mentally-Emotionally healthy people see the world the way God sees the world. How? They look through the eyes of Love. What would Love do? It is the practice of being a blessing. Mentally-emotionally healthy people are blessings, even small gestures, a kind word or taking extra time to really listen. Mentally-emotionally healthy people are also blessings in genuinely accepting or giving an apology, cutting some slack when someone is going through a difficult time, providing honest feedback in a nonjudgmental way. These Mentally-Emotionally Powerful people are blessings, no matter what the size or scale can have huge impacts. They demonstrate how generous we all can be and how deeply we can touch each other.
- Mentally-Emotionally Powerful people are aware of E = mc² Everything is energy. Your thoughts begin it. Your emotions amplifies it. Your action increases it momentum. The physical body has its own built in intelligence..and this intelligence reacts to your thoughts. So, emotion is the body’s reaction to the mind. Body intelligence also gives rise to instinctual survival responses to threat or in face of danger (e.g. primordial fear, primordial anger). The basic difference: instinctive primordial response is to external threat. An emotion, however, is the body’s response to thought (mental interpretation). Although, the body intelligence is keen, it still can not tell the difference between real threat versus imagined. It reacts to every thought (conscious or subconscious) as if it were reality. The body reacts with negative emotion to dysfunctional thinking and the emotional energy feed back to the thoughts that created the emotions. Sometimes, the body reacts so quickly that the mind has not even had time to voice them. These thoughts are at the preverbal state (subconscious assumptions) with their origin in a person’s past conditioning, usually from early childhood. For example, “people can not be trusted” as an subconscious assumption in a person whose primordial relationships (e.g. parents, caregiver, siblings) did not provide fundamental support, love, and did not inspire trust. There are many subconscious assumptions, but the basic understanding is This: subconscious assumptions create emotions in the body which in turn cause more mind activity and instant reactions/actions. Almost every human body is under a great deal of stress, not because of a real external survival threat, but because of maladaptive mind activity. Even mainstream Western medicine, although knowing little about how the egoic mind operates, is beginning to realize the connection between physical diseases and negative emotional states. Negative emotions are toxic to the body and interfere with homeostasis and the immune system.
A beautiful servant
A dangerous master
“No Mud — No Lotus”
~Thich Nhat Hanh
“Rule your mind or it will rule you”
“For the one who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends, but for one who has failed to do so, his mind will remain the greatest of enemies” ~ Bhagavad Gita
Be Present. Make love. Make tea. Light a candle. Burn incense. Hug someone. Hug yourself. Hug a Tree. Sage your place to HoUse MuSic. Carry a crystal. Meditate. Drink water. Avoid small talk. Embrace Life. Buy a plant. Water it. Make your bed. Make someone else’s bed. Meditate. Eat your vegetables. Have quick wit. Laugh at yourself. Make art. Create anything. Exercise. Sit under the Sun and dance under the Moon. Swim in the Ocean. Swim in the rain. Take chances. Ask questions. Make mistakes. Learn. Evolve. Live with passion. Love fiercely. Forgive quickly. Karma got yo’ back. Let go of the past. Live in the moment. Vibrate higher. Meditate (did I already say mediate? : ). Align yourself with the Universe. Be Grateful. Say it, Show it. Flow it. BREATHE it all in and LOVE it all out.
P.S. Next time you think of beautiful things don’t forget to count yourself in
~ Dr. Shawna Freshwater