Here is a list of symptoms/signs: If you have one or more, then you may be depressed. These symptoms/signs are the alert signals as a “call to action” to seek assessment from a qualified mental health practitioner.
- Do you feel sad, blue, dysphoric, unhappy, or empty inside?
- Have you lost your interest in activities that you previously enjoyed ?
- Do you feel loss of hope, pessimistic about the future, or general life dissatisfaction ?
- Do you have low self-worth, low self-esteem, lack confidence, feel like a failure ?
- Do you have self-depreciating thoughts or negative thinking about your life ?
- Do you have physical complaints, such as aches, pains, sleep problems, eating changes, libido concerns ?
- Do you have guilt, shame, or worry ?
- Are your feelings easily hurt ?
- Do you have lack of interest in socialization, withdrawal from others, or isolation?
- Are you sometimes tearful ?
- Do you feel heavy or slowed down or fatigued?
- Do you feel agitated, irritable, anxious, restless, or tense?
- Do things in life seem like a burden or more difficult than before?
- Do you feel overwhelmed, difficulty concentrating ?
- Do you question whether life is worth living?
IF ONE OR MORE OF THESE SYMPTOMS ARE FAMILIAR TO YOU, THEN I HAVE REALLY AWESOME NEWS. THERAPY FOR DEPRESSION WORKS…AND YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE TO TAKE MEDICATION.
Here Are Some Very Basic Facts To Help You Understand Depression
Why Do People Become Depressed?
Sometimes the reason why someone becomes depressed is not immediately clear to them. Whereas others will attribute their depression to particular life circumstances, such as loss of a job, loss of finances, loss of a loved one, loss of health, illness, aging.
Some people report they are depressed because they feel helpless or hopeless about changing some aspect of their life. Others report feeling blocked or stuck in guilt, fear, or shame.Whereas others feel their very existence has no purpose or meaning. Also, it is common in depression not to feel connected to others. These are very valid forms of suffering. True insight into the True Cause is necessary for healing, change, empowerment to take place.
How Does Therapy Help Overcome Depression?
Therapy for depression helps you uncover the hidden truths to your suffering. This self-discovery is empowering and will help you face life challenges that could be often otherwise a cycle of a continuation of suffering. Therapy also helps you with the reduction of symptoms/signs of depression.
There are different scientifically proven therapeutic techniques that I will customize to your individual unique beautiful personality and your specific needs. I will help you discover the depth and breadth of your own hidden inner resources. Life is quite generous in giving us challenges, so lets learn the tools & techniques to overcome your depression and handle life challenges. You are not alone. I am here to help you. I empathize with you as I have also faced the “doom & gloom” of depression during my life’s journey.
What is Different about My Approach to Depression?
I am a Clinical Psychologist & NeuroPsychologist & Holistic Healer. I am a practitioner of both Western and Eastern therapeutic scientific modalities for the treatment of depression. When you hire me as your depression therapist, you receive Integrated *Mind+Emotion+Body+Soul* —Holistic Healing & Psychotherapy.
Together, we will explore your emotional, mental/thoughts, physical, social concerns as pathways leading to emergence of your whole healthy Being. I believe therapy is self-discovery and not just a treatment of disorders. Instead of only narrowly focusing on symptoms, I help you uncover the root causes of your depression, where you can achieve real change, not just temporary fixes. Depression if left untreated is the top risk factor for other physical illnesses.